Friday, April 30, 2010

SIMUN

SIMUN experiences.


What did you think of SIMUN?

I enjoyed SIMUN very much and it was a great experience for me. I look forward to it next year. Even though I thought my country (China) was going to be very difficult it was worth all the time and effort I put in to researching it, it may have been tough at times but I just stuck through it and still did a really good job.

How did you do?

As I said in the last question, I did very well. The first day I was under a lot of pressure because the first scenario that was brought up was “China hacked a number of European Companies websites”, so I was kind of freaking out when it was brought up the first day of my SIMUN experience, but I got on my game a held my ground against all the other countries. Also the first day I basically had no allies and everyone was against China.

How did you prepare?

I prepared by following the research, since Mrs. B told us that they had a relationship with all the scenarios that were going to be brought up during SIMUN. This prepared me for each of the scenarios and helps me figure out who were my allies or opposed to my country. Also during the 23 hour caucuses’ over night I would go back and re-prepare myself for what I thought were the next scenarios. In fact the first one went through the first day plus a small portion of the next day so I went home and prepared for the questions that I would be drilled with the next day.

What will you do differently next year to prepare.

Next year I will most likely try and research my country and all the questions that we are given even harder than I did this year, just so I’m properly prepared to the best of my ability for any discussions brought upon me at any time by any other country. I will most likely attempt to help an other people, such as the upper classmen did for me. I my even attend MAMUN, depending on how much money I can get together so I can go.

No comments:

Post a Comment